STEP ONE: Obtaining the Application Form
Download our Application Form for New Students found to the left or request it by phone by calling (310) 836-3464 Ext. 315. We will mail you the Application packet which includes further instructions on how to apply.
STEP TWO: Submitting the Application
Complete, sign and date the Application Form; include your child’s last two years’ transcripts; and a check for the $200.00 non-refundable application fee. Mail by First Class Mail (not registered mail) to:
Le Lycée Français de Los Angeles
3261 Overland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90034-3589
After a positive review of your child's grades, you will be invited to continue the application process.
STEP THREE: ENTRANCE EXAM and/or evaluations
- For incoming Preschool students, there is no official entrance exam; however, Parents are asked to complete the Parent Assessment of (Pre)School Readiness form, found at left.
- For incoming K1 & K2 students—who have already attended a school or program—Parents are asked to complete the Kindergarten 1 and Kindergarten 2 Confidential Evaluation form. K2 applicants will be asked to take the Lycée Entrance Exam and/or interview.
- For new K2 students—who have not yet attended ANY school or program—Parents are asked to complete the New Student K2 Evaluation form and applicants will be asked to take the Lycée Entrance Exam and/or interview.
For incoming 1st grade students, a general evaluation from the preceding school, report card, and applicants will be asked to take the Lycée Entrance Exam and/or interview.
- For those students entering 2nd through 12th grade, admission will be based upon applicant's transcripts, an interview, and/or evaluation.
- For those students entering the International School Program (5th grade through 12th grades) from a U.S. school, applicants may be asked to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) through the ERBLearn.org website. The ISEE is mandatory for all students, unless their school records demonstrate a GPA of 3.7 or higher, or otherwise indicate that the student is in the top 5% of his/her current class. Parents register their child directly at http://www.iseetest.org and pay the fee. In order for the Lycée to receive the results of this test you must include our ERB Membership #054339 on the ISEE application.
- For those students entering the French School Program (2nd through 12th grade) admission will be based upon applicant's transcripts, an interview, and/or evaluation.
STEP FOUR: COMPLETING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Once you have received the Lycée's Official Notice of Acceptance (and only upon receipt of this official document), Parents will be asked to provide additional materials:
- A recent passport-style (2"x2") photo of your child.
- A copy of his/her birth certificate.
- A copy of his/her updated immunization record.
- Three letters of recommendation (two from teachers and one from an administrator on school letterhead. (Recommendation letters are confidential and must be transmitted to our school sealed.) This applies from 2nd through 12th grade.
Note: Final registration procedure cannot be completed without these documents. Acceptance is conditional upon consistent scores throughout applicant's current year.
STEP FIVE: Concluding Registration
Once steps 1 through 3 are completed, you will receive a Statement of Account.Tuition must be paid in full. The school cannot guarantee a space for your child until after full tuition has been received.
Communication: You will periodically receive, via email and US postal service, all necessary information concerning orientation, books, materials, calendars, and schedules.
Uniforms: Le Lycée Français de Los Angeles uniforms are provided and sold by Dennis Uniform, 2640 North San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, CA 90065 – Tel (800) 854-6951 or (323) 441-0168. Uniforms are available for purchase throughout the year. Dennis Uniform holds two school sales on our premises during the month of August. Look for our reminder in the mail. Sports uniforms are also available for purchase at Dennis.
Textbooks: Go to the Le Lycée Français de Los Angeles online bookstore at www.follett.com for current textbooks. Textbooks for the following school year (2nd through 12th graders) will be posted by mid-July.